Week 1 Blog: Theme Choice


The theme I chose for my blog is more of a dark theme because they are easier on the eyes and I personally like dark themes for a lot of design on websites. Not only is it easier for me to look at but it makes the page look cleaner and is easier for clients to navigate to things that are bold or highlighted in opposite standout colors like white. The image that I chose for the background is also appealing and easy to look at. The colors are kind of muted and not so bright as to make it hard to look at for awhile. The sunset on the beach is a very neutral image that most people like as well. I love the beach and ocean so it was an easy choice for me when scrolling through all of the options that the theme selector had to offer. The layout is very basic which is great for blogging because the words should be the star of the show and clutter on the web page should be minimal for the best viewing results.

The main social media platforms that I focus on for business is Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Those three are the most popular for businesses to get their name and advertising out there. Instagram is great for any business that has physical content such as food, clothing, merchandise etc. The ability to show off your physical content to customers through well taken photos and video is better for consumers to know what they would get through your business rather than through text or a plain basic description. Twitter is great for news and updates regarding businesses through text. Advertising deals or discounts through Twitter is good for people who want quick and easy to read information. Facebook is used as an information hub for businesses mainly now as Facebook has been on the decline and isn't as popular as the aforementioned platforms. Facebook provides multiple ways to get information out to the public and Facebook's advertising is still one of the better algorithms out there so your business can be shown or popup when related searches are made. All in all it depends on your business and how you want it to operate for which is the best social media platform. In my personal experience I have found that Instagram is the best and most popular tool for today's growing businesses. 

Comments

  1. I agree with your opinion of the darker background. It really drowse focus straight to your words and image as they are brighter and stand out more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went with a minimalist design myself for much the same reasons. Good job Kyle, I think you did a great job on your blog's foundations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyle! I completely agree . Dark themes are very clean and easy on the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you on darker themes. I feel like they definitely cleaner and easier on the eyes. After using light mode on social media for so long, I realized how much it was affecting my eyes so I made the switch to dark mode. I also really like your image on your blog. The colors are so mesmerizing! The oranges and blues in the image complement each other so well! I miss going to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your blog. It makes me miss Oceanside. I moved away about 5 years ago to San Francisco, and while there is an Ocean there, it's just not the same. I also agree on the darker theme. it looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at sunset.
    I love your blog layout, the all black is rare but yes super easy to read everything.
    10/10 Kyle!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts