Week 8: Expanding Your Reach on Instagram by Using Hashtags

 The hashtags that I used in my post pertain towards the PC building community and they are most popular with the marketing side of things. My hashtags were #pcgaming101 #pcmasterrace #rgbled #battlestations #pcgamer #pcbuilds #republicofgamers #custompcbuilding #🎮 #pcgamingmasterrace #dreamsetup #custompc #pcbuild #extremegaming #dreambuild

They are focused more on the PC gaming crowd as that is usually where the PC building enthusiasts are. I found the hashtags associated with a lot of different popular PC gaming and building influencers. There are also a lot of different hashtags that would be better for different posts but I found these to be pretty general and not too specific due to the post. If I wanted to get specific on a certain post I would definitely use different hashtags and I believe when using hashtags you should have a few consistent ones while having different hashtags for different posts. I added my post in the afternoon and I do not see a difference in posting times with my posts. However, I would like to assume posting anytime after five on the weekdays and posting around noon on weekends would get the most exposure. This is due to people who get off of work around five could look at the post after they get home. On the weekends posting around noon would get exposure because most people are awake and are most likely getting lunch where they can look at posts. From this exercise I learned that hashtags can play a pivotal role in how much exposure your posts can get as well as making sure a specific crowd sees your post so it doesn't get lost in the millions of posts everyday. 

Comments

Popular Posts