Week 16: Wrapping It Up
This class overall is a wealth of information for those who have businesses and want to become more efficient regarding the marketing and growing side of business. From marketing campaigns to pretty much every social media outlet this class is very informative about how to use them and when to use them. There are also some very important tools for keeping your business on track as well like Google analytics which can help crunch numbers for you. Most of all, this class can give you the confidence to start your own business and give you a layout to start with rather than viewing starting a business as being an impossible feat. I don't plan on starting a business as of yet but if I wanted to I could look back on the information this class gave me and not feel lost.
My view on social media did not entirely change during the course of this class but I did see it from a different side and that made me rethink about how it could be turned into a tool. Social media has blown up in popularity for awhile now but the business side is kept away from the general public unless they have a business themselves. The marketing campaigns that are spread through social media are one of the best ways to get your business noticed. These campaigns are used to spread information about events or deals that a business has to offer. I saw the usefulness of these campaigns and when I look at social media now I can see right through how different businesses use them as well as how effective they are. My viewpoint on social media is that it can be entertaining but I do not use it all the time because most social media doesn't interest me. I am not one to be glued to social media all day but after having taken this class I can see that it is a lot more than just a media outlet.
Throughout this class there have been many tools and lessons that can be learned about how to successfully use these tools to a businesses advantage. Learning how to navigate social media can be a daunting task because of all the different things that are on it. There is so much information and media being saturated throughout social media that it can be hard to tell what is true and what isn't. Having the information that this class provides helps navigate the business side which is on another level that almost feels separate at times. Due to the complexity of things like analytics that can be based on whichever social media you end up using for your business it can feel overwhelming at times. Thankfully, there are tools like Google analytics as well as others which can help alleviate some of the stress of crunching these numbers yourself. These numbers might not seem as important as likes and follows but they are about the most important thing for a business that relies heavily on social media. These numbers and information that come from analytics show how you are getting your likes and follows as well as other important information that can help keep your business successful.
From this class I have found many services that I would use myself if I had a business. From Mailchimp which is one of the better e-mail marketing services which for my fictional business would help keep my current customers informed about deals and up to date information. Mailchimp helps with e-mail layouts and can send mass e-mails though the contacts you acquire through the business. Another service I would use would be Instagram. Instagram would help with showing my customers the work we can do for their computers and it would show the services we would provide. There is also a big computer community on Instagram which would help if I were to run marketing campaigns through Instagram because of my target demographic. To keep track of all of my information and to see who is looking at my services I would use Google analytics. Googles services are very helpful for business and most of them are free. You can make a website for free too if you are just starting out. The services that are shown through this class can prove to be very useful for anyone wanting to start their own business.
In conclusion, this class should be taken by anyone looking to start or improve upon their business. Not just for the social media aspect but there are other lessons that can be learned in this class about how to run a successful business from the ground up. This class also helps navigate the business side of social media and shows that step by step it can prove beneficial towards your business. Even for someone that has a successful business already this class can show that person something they haven't seen before and that could be the thing they need to take their business to the next level. This class is nothing but useful for those wanting to have a successful business and the information about services and tools is what makes this class great.
Comments
Post a Comment